- Indoor installation: When the LED strip is used for indoor decoration, it is very easy to install because it does not have to withstand wind and rain. Take the LED strip of a certain brand as an example, the self-adhesive Roalstar double-sided tape is affixed to the back of each LED strip, and the sticker on the surface of the Roalstar double-sided tape can be directly removed during installation, and then the light bar is fixed to the Place, just press flat with your hand. As for some places that need corners or grow, what should I do? Very simple, the LED light strip is a circuit structure composed of 3 LEDs in a series and parallel manner, and every 3 LEDs can be cut and used separately.
- Outdoor installation: Outdoor installation of LED light strips can withstand wind and rain. If adhesive is used for fixing, it will cause the adhesiveness to decrease over time and cause the LED light strips to fall off. Therefore, outdoor installations often use card slots to fix them. In the same way, the places where cutting and connection are required are the same as those for indoor installation, except that additional waterproof glue is required to consolidate the waterproof effect of the connection points.
- Pay attention to the connection distance of LED strips: Generally speaking, the longest connection distance of 3528 series LED strips is 20 meters, and the longest connection distance of 5050 series LED strips is 15 meters. If the connection distance is exceeded, the LED light strip is easily heated, and the service life of the LED light strip will be affected during use. Therefore, when installing, be sure to install it in accordance with the manufacturer’s requirements, and do not allow the LED lights to operate with overload.
Is it easy to install and use the LED strip? However, there is still a friendly reminder: everyone must pay attention to electrical safety when installing the light strip, and it can only be carried out when the power is off.
Light strip installation method steps
- Cut the corresponding length. Generally, the light strips we buy directly are reeled. This is why we need to cut the relevant length according to our actual use needs. When cutting, we must pay attention to cutting according to the termination point.
- After cutting the length of the light strip, we insert the needle of the light strip into the place where there is no patch on one end of the light strip.
- Connect the wire pin to the plug of the light strip. At this time, the plug can be powered on, but one thing to note at this time is that we must check the condition of the access point again before inserting it. There must be no water stains.
- After the plug is plugged in, if the light strip glows normally, it means that our installation steps are correct, on the other hand, it also shows that the light strip itself has no problems.
Attention: LED light strip installation precautions
- Do not light up the LED strip with electricity when the entire roll of strip is not removed from the packaging or piled up.
- When cutting the light strip according to the length of the field installation, you can only cut the light strip at the place where the scissors mark is printed, otherwise one of the units will not light up. Generally, the length of each unit is 1.5-2 meters.
- When connecting to a power source or two light strips in series, first bend the head of the Li-color lamp to the left and right, so that the wires in the light strip are exposed about 2-3mm. Use a pair of pliers to cut them clean, leaving no burrs. To avoid short circuit.
- Only the LED lights with the same specifications and the same voltage can be connected to each other in series, and the total length of the series cannot exceed the maximum permitted length.
- When the light strips are connected in series, try to light a segment for each connection, so as to find out in time whether the positive and negative poles are connected incorrectly and whether the light emission direction of each segment of light strips is consistent.
- The end of the light strip must be covered with a PVC tail plug. After being fastened with a clip, seal the periphery of the interface with neutral glass glue to ensure safety.
7.Because the LED has unidirectional conductivity, if you use a power cable with an AC-DC converter, you should conduct a power-on test after completing the power connection, and confirm that the positive and negative connections are correct before putting it into use.